Kyntronics worked closely with the world's leading OEM of Premium Class Aircraft Seats and Interiors to implement an actuation system that provided several competitive advantages. Using Kyntronics' Electro-Mechanical Actuation (EMA) platform, the system provides multiple-axis coordinated motion for even the most complex seating requirements. The advantage of the new design include:
- Modified Linear and Rotary EMAs that were quiet, powerful yet very lightweight… critical for airplane use.
- Special software was developed that coordinated multiple actuators simultaneously to create a very smooth and comfortable passenger experience.
- Using Kyntronics' 2-wire Power Line Communications wiring system between actuators and electronic modules reduced weight further, simplified installation and reduced cost.
- Provided the control interface and software to the aircraft In-flight Entertainment System for passenger control of the seat, lighting and surrounding suite components.
- Kyntronics engineers worked closely with the OEM to certify the actuation system for aircraft use.
Other Aerospace Applications
- Ground Support Equipment
- Gate Support Equipment
- Cargo Hatches
Kyntronics Actuator Benefits for Aerospace Applications:
Products - Electro-Hydraulic and Electro-Mechanical Actuators
- High force in a compact package. Up to 40,000 LBs force (178kN)
- Eliminates hydraulic infrastructure, reduces cost and maintenance, environmentally friendly
- Precise position, speed and force control, high-speed, smooth motion
- Quiet operation
- Light weight
- Power On-demand, energy efficient
- Rugged design, very reliable
Read more about our Electro-Hydraulic Actuators and Electro-Mechanical Actuator, or find out how Kyntronics can help meet the demanding requirements of your aerospace application